Beautiful. Bright. Alluring.
No corners were cut in the design of the Montigo Prodigy series. We were not willing to sacrifice the fire display in order to use direct vent, and we surely weren’t going to use a consumer grade control board on a unit suitable for commercial applications.
While at first these convictions might look like they would create a more complex installation process, the below explains how the Prodigy can be the easiest and most versatile commercial fireplaces to install and maintain.
Framing & Finishing
1. Standard 2×4 framing can be used directly on top of the unit, no need for an overly complicated steel stud kit or standoffs.
2. A combustible facing material such as wood or drywall can be taken directly to the glass opening and without a concrete board underlay.
3. Mantels and hearths can be married up with the glass opening creating a seamless finish. These, just like the facing materials, can be combustible.
4. Take advantage of the ability to use room air for intake venting to avoid running long lengths of venting. Consult your HVAC technician and the manual for CFM guidelines and best practices. Local codes permitting.
The Control System
A fireplace capable of handling commercial applications would be diminished with a consumer grade control board. That’s why every Prodigy fireplace comes standard with a commercial grade control panel dedicated to that specific unit.
The main benefit of a control panel is convenience and diagnostics. The panel can be mounted in a mechanical room or closet, while a competitor’s unit has its control system buried behind the glass and underneath the burner. The relay and inverter system provides a much clearer trouble reporting system than standard fireplace control systems, and is clearly labeled for diagnostic purposes.
- All glass barriers, no screen required
- Zero clearance
- Compatible with home automation systems
- Commercial grade valve, burner and control system
- COOL-Pack glass system
- Multi-color LED lighting
- Intake dampers
- Any choice of firestones, firebeads or fireglass
- Speckled stones, driftwood
- Indoor-outdoor seal kit for see through units
- Black reflective glass
- Flue gas dampers